The best latex mattresses on the market are known to provide owners with an almost unmatchable amount of comfort. Our guide to the top 10 best latex mattresses will help you if you’re looking to replace your old latex mattress or if you want to buy a new mattress and you’re looking to give latex a try for the first time.
These types of mattresses have often been expensive beds. New manufacturing techniques have allowed the cost of latex to decrease, making latex mattresses more affordable than ever. Latex has also been used in the creation of modern hybrid mattresses by combining latex layers with polyfoam and other types of fabric.
Latex mattresses are adaptable and tend to please most sleepers easily. The products we’ve reviewed today offer the best qualities that you can get from a latex bed – choose whichever product you like most; you’ll be surely pleased with your purchase.
Complete List of Latex Mattress Pros & Cons
You’ll need to know what the pros and cons are of purchasing a latex mattress if this is the first mattress of its kind that you might want to buy. We’ve compiled a list explaining to you every benefit and every drawback of sleeping on one of these beds. Take everything into consideration before making your purchase.
Latex Mattress Pros
- Purchasing a latex mattress is more affordable than ever thanks to new manufacturing techniques
- Latex and memory foam are the best types of mattresses for those who suffer from backaches or discomfort in their muscles and joints
- Latex mattresses help you keep a straight posture by adapting to the shape of your spine and keeping it aligned through the night
Latex Mattress Cons
- Most latex beds aren’t too good at isolating motion, because of the bouncy nature of latex
- These mattresses are more expensive than their innerspring and memory foam counterparts
Idle Mattress – Best Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Idle mattress is the first hybrid mattress of our review, and we’ve decided to place it on the first spot of our list thanks to the unique bounciness that it offers.
This bed is manufactured with different types of latex. Most beds are usually constructed with a single type, but the Idle mattress uses the two most popular (Dunlop latex and Talalay latex) to maximize comfort and increase the quality of the product. You’ll have to pay quite a hefty price to get it, but it’s well worth the value for money.
The build of the mattress is created by combining latex layers with a very high-quality innerspring system. Latex mattresses offer enough bounciness on their own, but the incorporation of an innerspring system adds more control to the bed.
The Idle mattress is also a flippable bed. Each of its sides offers a different level of firmness, which is ideal for people who don’t really know their preferred level of firmness.
Idle Mattress Pros
- It’s a flippable bed with different levels of firmness
- The Idle mattress is manufactured with two very high-quality latex
- This hybrid mattress has an innerspring system that adds a better bounce to the bed
Idle Mattress Cons
- The mattress is quite expensive – you might have to pay more than $2000 to purchase the largest-sized bed
Latex for Less Mattress – Best Flippable Latex Mattress
The Latex for Less mattress is the second flippable product on our list, albeit this mattress isn’t a hybrid – its mainly manufactured with high-quality latex.
Each side of the bed is designed to be used by different sorts of sleepers. Those who sleep on their back and heavy sleepers might want to opt for the firm side as it offers better support to their backs and serves to align the spine better.
Unlike other mattresses, the Latex for Less mattress does a good job in motion isolation. It’s still not as smooth as the motion isolation of memory foam beds, but it’s nice to be able to feel at least a bit of this feature in a latex mattress. Regardless, the mattress does stay quiet whenever you move on top of it – your partner might feel the movement, but they won’t hear anything.
Latex for Less Mattress Pros
- The mattress stays silent regardless of how much pressure you put on top of it
- It comes at a very affordable price
- The Latex for Less mattress can stay cool through most of the night – even if you sleep hot
Latex for Less Mattress Cons
- It offers a good amount of motion isolation, but other mattresses still feel better in this regard
- Non-existent support on the edges
Zenhaven Mattress – Best Deluxe Latex Mattress
The Zenhaven is the first mattress in our list that you could rate as ‘luxurious’. It’s also a flippable mattress, but the level of firmness offered on each side is very contrasting – one side is super soft, while the other side is well above the market’s firmness average.
The central layer of this mattress is constructed with a very resistant type of latex, which serves as support between both sides of the bed. This central layer is what keeps everything together and increases the comfort of the mattress.
Its firm side isolates motion better than its softer counterpart. The main problem which comes with this mattress is its edge support. Even for the standards of latex mattresses, the edge support of the Zenhaven mattress is very poor.
The bed offers good conforming and adapts to almost any type of sleeper. Overall, we feel like the mattress is very well manufactured and it’s only let down by its edge support, which is below average.
Zenhaven Mattress Pros
- The Zenhaven mattress is one of the best deluxe latex mattresses on the market
- Offers good motion isolation
- The latex can adapt its shape and conform around any type of sleeper
Zenhaven Mattress Cons
- Very poor edge support
Sleep EZ Roma Mattress – Best Latex Mattress Conforming
The simply constructed Sleep EZ Roma mattress is a very comfortable latex mattress, which has a simple layout that’s designed to maximize the amount of comfort that it offers. As it happens with most latex mattresses, you can use the Sleep EZ Roma on both sides. Each side offers different levels of firmness, although the firmness doesn’t vary as much as it does in the Zenhaven bed.
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that has been around for almost half a century, and they offer very good customer service to all its buyers. This mattress has no issues with off-gassing and its ideal for combo sleepers thanks to the conforming of its latex. You won’t feel stuck at any time – even if you like to change positions a lot during the night.
Sleep EZ Roma Pros
- Sleep EZ offers very budget-friendly prices, making their mattresses more affordable
- It has no issues with off-gassing – even on day-1
- Allows combo sleepers to change positions as much as they want, yet it manages to provide a ‘hugging’ feeling to the user
Sleep EZ Roma Cons
- It’s not as tall as other mattresses
- The Sleep EZ Roma mattress doesn’t seem to have a long lifespan
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress – Best Eco-Friendly Latex Mattress
The PlusBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is a latex mattress that earns its name thanks to its eco-friendly manufactural procedure. PlushBeds offers a ton of customization when it comes to their latex mattress. They allow each buyer to decide the order of each layer (meaning that it’s up to you to decide how firm you want the mattress to be).
They have a lot of firmness options. You can pick whichever option better suits your needs. It also comes with an eco-friendly cotton and wool cover. The latex used to manufacture these beds is the Dunlop latex (which is naturally harder than Talalay), so the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is designed to last for a long time.
These mattresses also come in different height options. We mean it when we say they’re entirely customizable – we haven’t come across a company that offers as many options as PlushBeds does.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Pros
- You can customize everything to suit your needs
- The company offers a wide array of models and bed types to suit every type of person
- 100% eco-friendly
- Very good motion isolation
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Cons
- The Dunlop makes the bed very resistant, but it’s also incredibly heavy and difficult to move
Nature’s Novel Mattress – Best Firm Latex Mattress
The Nature’s Novel mattress is a latex mattress that has a couple of foam layers incorporated within its construction to provide a better feeling of comfort to the buyer. The latex layers are placed at the upper part of the mattress, allowing the bed to breathe by increasing the circulation of air. It’s a very thick mattress that can be flipped, but it’s meant to be used on its firmer side.
The latex used to manufacture this mattress is very good at conforming and adapting to the sleeper’s position, which is also reflected in its bounciness. The bed’s bounce could make you think at times that the Nature’s Novel mattress has an innerspring system given how quick it responds to pressure.
The foam also does a great job at isolating motion. The motion isolation of the Nature’s Novel mattress is one of the best you’ll be able to find in a latex-based bed.
Nature’s Novel Mattress Pros
- The mattress has no issues with off-gassing
- It can stay cool through the night
- You can change your sleeping position during the night thanks to the top-quality quick conforming of the bed
- Very good motion isolation
Nature’s Novel Mattress Cons
- It’s not a good mattress for people who are lightweight or for people who sleep on their sides
Cedar Mattress – Best Latex Mattress for Back Sleepers
The Cedar mattress is a latex mattress that works very well for side sleepers of all types of weights. Regardless, it’s firmness also makes it comfortable for back sleepers as it helps to keep their spine aligned. It’s manufactured with natural products, so it shares some similarities with the Nature’s Novel mattress.
It has a very peculiar construction, as it combines various types of fabrics into differently shaped layers to create a very comfortable bed. The mattress is not soft at all, we encourage you to look at some of the other products we’ve reviewed in this list if you’re looking for a super soft bed.
The Cedar mattress offers great value for money and good enough bounce to please solo sleepers and couples alike.
Cedar Mattress Pros
- 100% Natural mattress
- It has a unique construction that consists of differently shaped layers and various other materials
- It’s not as expensive as other mattresses sold by competitors
Cedar Mattress Cons
- The mattress is not super soft. It’s good enough to be used by side sleepers but it’s not one of the softest in the latex market
Avocado Mattress – Best Latex Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
The Avocado mattress is the third eco-friendly bed that we’ve included in our list. It’s entirely made with natural materials, thanks to the manufacturer’s aim to preserve the environment. It comes in a couple of different designs (one of them has a puffier cover), but both seem to be very good mattresses overall.
We feel like the Avocado mattress is just as firm as the Cedar mattress. It’s not a bed you’ll want to buy if you’re looking to feel the sinkage of your mattress. Regardless, it’s still a great product for people who want to sleep on their back or stomach. We don’t recommend this one for side sleepers, though – you might want to consider buying a mattress with better pressure relief.
Avocado Mattress Pros
- The Avocado mattress is manufactured with natural materials
- You can purchase two different designs of the mattress, each offering different levels of firmness
- It has very good edge support – particularly considering that this is a latex mattress
Avocado Mattress Cons
- Although it does a good job in motion isolation, it does make noise when you move around on top of it
Dreamfoam Bedding – Best Affordable Latex Mattress
Dreamfoam manufactures high-quality latex mattresses that have a solid foam foundation at the bottom of the bed. The Dreamfoam Bedding latex line includes a wide variety of materials to choose from – they offer some very affordable options if you can’t afford to purchase their most expensive beds.
Unfortunately, these mattresses have a few issues with off-gassing. Be aware of this as the problem persists for one or two days after you unpack it. Regardless, it offers an average firmness level that aims to please almost all sorts of sleepers. They allow you to fully customize your bed to fit your desired level of fitness, though.
The cover of the mattress is hypoallergenic, and it also permits the air to flow freely through the bed, decreasing its cooling time.
Dreamfoam Bedding Mattress Pros
- It’s one of the cheapest latex mattresses that we’ve reviewed so far
- You can purchase your Dreamfoam Bedding at a variety of different firmness options
- The latex used to manufacture this mattress is hypoallergenic and it’s good at preventing the growth of mold
Dreamfoam Bedding Mattress Cons
- It’s not as durable as other latex mattresses – its lifespan is rather short
Spindle Mattress – Best Customizable Latex Mattress
The Spindle mattress is a fully customizable latex mattress that can be fine-tuned to fit your exact needs. The company offers a firmness adjustment service, where they will help you determine which type of firmness suits you best. All you need to do is provide them with some personal information (like the way you sleep and your weight) and they’ll give you a proper firmness recommendation.
Setting up the mattress for the first time could be quite difficult, as putting together the layers is not a straightforward process. Once put together, you should be able to enjoy a high-quality bed.
The cover of the mattress is made with 100% organic cotton and adds a lot of comfort to the bed, as well as extra breathability. Each of the latex layers of the mattress has a different level of firmness. Regardless, the bounciness of the mattress is just good enough to compensate for its conforming. Overall, it’s a very balanced mattress.
Spindle Mattress Pros
- Fully customizable mattress with a bunch of firmness options to choose from
- It offers great pressure relief
- The Spindle mattress is cheaper than most of the other latex mattresses that you can find on the market
Spindle Mattress Cons
- It doesn’t offer as much cooling as other products
- Spindle mattress has below average edge support
Our Final Verdict
We’ve found and reviewed the best latex mattresses, some of which will still be considered the best on the market by the end of 2019. Although some of these mattresses share some similarities, they all offer unique features that you’ll have to consider before making your purchase.
We’ve also provided you with three eco-friendly options in case you’d like to buy a product from an environmental manufacturer. In any case, it’s up to you to decide which features you prefer in a mattress before making your purchase.